Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Photographic History of Dave's Bike Rides

Missed the BWCA
I enjoy exploring on my bike. Some prefer motorcycle rides, but I prefer the slower pace. I almost always discover something new on every ride, even routes I have done many times.

Over the years I have done hundreds of rides, often alone but more fun with friends or even relatives. Usually I just ride for the joy of it, but occasionally, usually with a friend, we do a "theme" ride. Scenic overlooks, parks, museums, neighborhoods, lakes (there are a bunch), cemeteries, churches, re-purposed fire stations, bronze statues, historical preservation sites, river rides, colleges, bridges, interesting architecture, DQ's, polling places, street art - and I do the wonderful Schaar's Bluff trail 3 or 4 times a year.  

I always try to take at least one photo on every ride.  I have thousands. 

1957 Schwinn
So, I have been reviewing my bike ride photos and created an online album, a representative sampling of the totum, mainly for my own benefit, trying to remember the locations while I am still capable. 

If you're interested in a virtual tour of Mpls-St. Paul and surroundings you can find the album here: 

Photographic History of Dave's Bike Rides.

Note: Double-click a thumbnail for the full-size image and use arrows left-right to advance through the album.




Copyright ©  2021  Dave Hoplin

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving those photos! There are things I didn't know about, and will add to my summer "Places to Visit" list. You should publish these as a travel/bicycle/tourist book. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun. I tried to guess first, then read the title. I didn't keep score.

    ReplyDelete