Tuesday, May 9, 2017

#scenesonabikeride


When I was a kid, during the summer, my Schwinn bicycle was my ticket to adventure. With my baseball glove looped on the handlebars, I could cruise the 4 north-south & 4 east-west streets and 2 alleys of Lowry with impunity. And accompanied by other adventurers, we would venture into the great unknown - down the "old road" to the stockyards, across the tracks past the depot to the old elevator road, west to Chippewa Creek, south to Malmedal Lake or east to the Horse Lake dump grounds.



This love for the bicycle has never left me.








I still cruise my community, albeit a bit more expansive than Lowry environs and regularly venture outwards to the greater Minnesota unknown. The Twin Cities and Minnesota in general have a treasure of amazing trails.

I often take a photo or two on my rides.  What follows, in no particular order, offers you a tag-along on a few of my rides. These are all Minnesota locales, with the exception of Wisconsin's Red Cedar Trail.
Fort Snelling



Lake Como - St. Paul version


Midtown Greenway

Minneapolis from the North

Sabo Bridge


Root River Trail
Red Cedar Trail




Stone Arch Bridge


Lowry Bridge









Fort Snelling Cemetery







Sheridan Memorial
















Swede Hollow









Pilot Knob


Harriet Island
Raspberry Island
























Hastings





Sakatah Singing Hills Trail


Cannon Valley Trail
Schaar's Bluff



Cemetery Crawl

Witches Hat Tower




Douglas Trail








Gateway Trail

Luce Line Trail












35W  Bridge Collapse Memorial

F Scott Fitzgerald Home










Frank Lloyd Wright crawl

Mississippi River






Mississippi River






Cedar Lake Trail





Nordeast
Nicollet Island



Minnehaha Falls

Coffee breaks

No comments:

Post a Comment